Circular to Clients relating to Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“Ordinance”) and Personal Data (Privacy) (Amendment) Ordinance 2012 (“Amendment Ordinance”)
Subject to the Amendment Ordinance:
- From time to time, it is necessary for clients to supply Success Finance Group (“Success”) with data in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts and the establishment or continuation of credit facilities.
- Failure to supply such data may result in Success being unable to open or continue accounts or establish or continue credit facilities.
- It is also the case that data are collected from clients in the ordinary course of the continuation of the business relationship.
- The purposes for which data relating to a client may be used are as follows:
4.1 the daily operation of the services and credit facilities provided to clients;
4.2 conducting credit checks;
4.3 assisting other financial institutions to conduct credit checks;
4.4 ensuring ongoing credit worthiness of clients;
4.5 designing credit facilities or related products for clients’ use;
4.6 determining the amount of indebtedness owed to or by clients;
4.7 collection of amounts outstanding from clients and those providing security for clients’ obligation;
4.8 to make disclosure under the requirements of any rule, regulation or law binding on Success; and
4.9 purposes relating thereto.
- Data held by Success relating to a client will be kept confidential but Success may provide such information to:
5.1 any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to Success in connection with the operation of its business;
5.2 any of the Affiliates;
5.3 any other person under a duty of confidentiality to Success including professionals and agents (including lawyers, accountants and debt collection agents) who have undertaken to keep such information confidential;
5.4 any financial institution with which the client has or proposes to have dealings;
5.5 any actual or proposed assignee of Success or participant or sub-participant or transferee of Success’s rights in respect of the client; and
5.6 any other governmental or regulatory authorities to which Success is under a duty to disclose such data.
- Success may match, compare, transfer or exchange any personal data collected by it with the data collected by government bodies, other regulatory authorities, corporations, organizations or individuals in Hong Kong or overseas for the purposes of verifying those data.
- Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance and Amendment Ordinance, any individual:
7.1 has the right to check whether Success holds data about him and the right of access to such data;
7.2 has the right to require Success to correct any data relating to him which is inaccurate;
7.3 has the right to ascertain Success’s policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Success；and
7.4 may, without charge, exercise the right to opt-out if he does not wish Success to use and/or transfer his personal data for use in direct marketing.
- In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, Success has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
- The person to whom requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held are to be addressed as follows: Success Finance Group, Legal & Compliance Department
Units 1003-04, 10/F., Tower 1,
Admiralty Centre, 18 Harcourt Road,
Tel: 2587 8000
Fax: 2587 8001